26. When college students ______ future employment, they often think of status, income, and prestige.
A. demand B. assume
C. apply D. anticipate
27. The car was in good working ______ when I bought it a few months ago.
A. order B. form
C. state D. circumstance
28. The political candidate promptly reorganized his staff ______ his landslide defeat in the primaries.
A. follows B. followed
C. following D. to follow
29. While waiting for the opportunity to get ______, Henry did his best to perform his duty.
A. promote B. promoted
C. promoting D. to promote
30. We still can’t ______ believe he’s here with us after all this time.
A. so B. quite C. as D. very